What are All-on-4® Dental Implants?
The procedure called All-on-4 Dental Implants®, commonly known as Teeth in a Day, is the smile solution for those who lost all their teeth, who are suffering from poor broken teeth, or who have poorly fitting dentures.
This safe revolutionary treatment provides you with a fixed restoration (non-removable) often in just one day. The treatment is designed to utilize only four implants to secure your permanent teeth, and this technique has changed the lives for many individuals.
All-on-4® Dental Implants - Garland, TX
Number of Americans missing all their teeth in one or both jaws*(source: http://www.aaid.com/about/press_room/dental_implants_faq.html)
Number of Americans that have dental implants *(source: http://www.aaid.com/about/press_room/dental_implants_faq.html)
People over the age of 74 have lost all their natural teeth *(source: http://www.aaid-implant.org/resources-and-news/dental-implant-facts/)
Common All-on-4® Dental Implants Questions
- What is All-on-4®?The All-on-4® procedure has grown in popularity among individuals in need of secure dentures. Studies have proven good long-term success over the past 15 years.
Incorporating titanium alloys and CAD/CAM technologies (computer-aided design), we are able to provide patients with an affordable, safe, comfortable, stable and healthy treatment alternative when compared to other treatment options. The “All-On-Four” requires significantly shorter treatment times.
- What is the process?A new patient begins the Teeth-in-a-Day procedure with a comprehensive consultation (one hour or 90 minutes) including X-rays. The treatment process requires a case work-up, a CT scan, and fabrication of the prosthesis (new teeth).
The surgical implants placement and securing of the new teeth are then completed under sedation in the same day. After the healing period (3-4 months), the final restoration is constructed and attached permanently.
Three yearly maintenance appointments are required thereafter, to ensure long-term, healthy and successful treatment.
- What is the post-op protocol?It is hard to describe or predict an individual’s feelings. However, many of our patients have described it as a life changing experience. Before the procedure, the patient is often wearing annoying, removable dentures or suffers from badly broken teeth. By the end of the procedure, they leave with a beautiful smile, extremely happy and excited about life again. It is truly a life changing experience!
- What’s the difference between Implant Dentures and All-on-4 Dental Implants®?Dental implants are specially machined titanium roots, designed to be installed into the jaw, as a replacement for the root of your teeth. The implants can be utilized to support one or multiple teeth.
Removable denture can be secured with implants. Specialized attachments that are designed to stabilize your denture during chewing, function and smile can be used as a solid anchors for removable dentures. It generally only takes two-four implants to stabilize a removable denture. Implant dentures can dramatically improve lives when transitioning from a conventional removable denture to a secured and stable implant denture. Implant dentures also enhance your chewing efficiency, other oral functions and confidence.
Modern day dental implants have a high success rate. With proper diagnosis and treatment planning, risk factors are significantly reduced, but implant therapy must entail a consistent maintenance schedule thereafter.
- Am I a candidate for the All-on-4 Dental Implants®?Optimal candidates for the procedure include those who have: lost all or most of their teeth, Have many badly broken or diseased teeth and currently have removable dentures.